Go Back   Your Family Tree Forum > The Your Family Tree Forum > General Chat/Off topic

Old 11-02-2011, 12:27 AM
Administrator

Sincere condolences on the death of your Mum but how lovely that were able to share so many family history discoveries with her. I'm sure she appreciated your research. Mums are special and never to be forgotten people.

Cheers, FHA

Old 11-02-2011, 09:32 AM

My condolences Sue,she sounds such a wonderful lady ,she's left you with wonderful memories .
Barb
Old 11-02-2011, 01:45 PM

May I add my condolences too Sue. She certainly was a grand old lady and I think the forum were all pleased to join in with her 100th celebrations.
You will have some wonderful memories to treasure and have been fortunate to have your Mum for so much of your life. RIP

Campbell-Lanarkshire,Liverpool
Griffiths-Cheshire,Liverpool
Plumridge-London
Owen-Shropshire,Liverpool,Wrexham
Breese/Breeze-Montgomeryshire,London
Ewers-Essex
Old 11-02-2011, 04:48 PM

Thank you all so much for your sweet messages. At the moment I'm being distracted by the tangle of red tape, doctors on half term and rooves off chapels. I keep hearing my mum, tutting in the background. We'll get there but I'm beginning to wonder if she isn't pulling strings to keep me on my toes.

So thank you all and God Bless all our mother's.
Sue
Old 11-06-2011, 10:25 PM

Hi Sue,

My condolences on the passing of your mother. How lucky you were to have a mother who had great genes and be in your life for such a long time.

bcbrit
Old 05-01-2012, 09:45 PM

Very belated condolences Sue - I don't come on here much these days but was sorry to find this post. I well remember the birthday card story and the 100th birthday itself.
What can I say that hasn't been said? You don't need me to tell you to treasure the memories, I know you will.
Very best regards, however long we have mum, it's never long enough.

Lancashire: Balderson; Barlow; Cragg; Harrison; Jolly; Laithwaite; Moon; Pilkington; Robinson; Sha/orrock.
Monmouthshire/Montgomeryshire: Morgan; Stephens.
Shropshire: Boden; Hartshorne;
Westmorland: Cragg; Walker.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:31 PM

Thank you so much, Audrey. It is exactly six months since Mum died. I still have those moments - I'm sure others recognise them - when I forget.

My son is getting married on 23rd June and I am wearing a dress of hers from the 1950s. It's a gorgeous blue and green print with two pleated 'fishtails' that hang the full length of the back. I'm currently having it altered, though it needs very little doing. Next fitting on Saturday! I'm making the bridesmaids flower baskets from fabric and trimmings that Mum collected over the years. So quite a bit of Grandma will be at the Ball.

And the rose bush that someone gave me, to remember her by, has just sprouted its first buds.
Our mothers are always with us.
Suec.

Last edited by Suec; 05-01-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:16 AM

Sounds lovely Sue. I hope you all have a wonderful day and perhaps the swish of that pretty fabric will remind you of mum being always just a whisper away.

Lancashire: Balderson; Barlow; Cragg; Harrison; Jolly; Laithwaite; Moon; Pilkington; Robinson; Sha/orrock.
Monmouthshire/Montgomeryshire: Morgan; Stephens.
Shropshire: Boden; Hartshorne;
Westmorland: Cragg; Walker.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:09 AM

Though this is a sad time for those left behind I believe your mum now has the chance to be re-united whith her fiance Captain Joseph Dobbs.
Not the end but a new beginning.
Cheers
Guy
Old 05-03-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suec View Post
Thank you so much, Audrey. It is exactly six months since Mum died. I still have those moments - I'm sure others recognise them - when I forget.

My son is getting married on 23rd June and I am wearing a dress of hers from the 1950s. It's a gorgeous blue and green print with two pleated 'fishtails' that hang the full length of the back. I'm currently having it altered, though it needs very little doing. Next fitting on Saturday! I'm making the bridesmaids flower baskets from fabric and trimmings that Mum collected over the years. So quite a bit of Grandma will be at the Ball.

And the rose bush that someone gave me, to remember her by, has just sprouted its first buds.
Our mothers are always with us.
Suec.
The dress sounds lovely Sue, as well as the other touches to include your mother in the celebration. Best wishes to you and your son and his future wife - you must all be getting excited!

My lovely great-aunt turned 103 in April. She lives here in Canada but was born in Maidstone and her paternal uncle died in Northampton at the grand age of 105.